ACG offers a dynamic working environment with an energetic team of people that inspire creativity and constant innovation. We are looking for talented individuals who are willing to learn and challenge their minds.
What differentiates our company from our competitors?
Submit resume at email@example.com
Current job list:
Locations Toronto, ON
Travel Yes, up to 25 % of the Time
The Software Developer performs significant product design, implementation, bug verification/correction, release testing and beta support projects. Conducts research and analysis to facilitate the development process. May assist in performing on-site client work.
- Undertakes and leads projects of significant complexity. May provide guidance and mentorship to junior developers.
- Performs complex product design, systems analysis and programming activities:
- Performs design, implementation and maintenance of product modules or sub-systems.
- Participates in or leads product design meetings.
- Assists in developing product architecture under the direction of a Senior Product Architect.
- Undertakes research and (where required) prototyping to establish the feasibility of technical approaches.
- Performs complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products.
- Researches problems discovered by Quality Assurance or Product Support and develops solutions to those problems.
- Conducts unit and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Acts as a technical expert, with in depth detailed knowledge of the product code-base.
- May assist in performing on-site client work on complex applications.
- Researches and understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues.
- Researches new technology and development tools to remain informed of current technology.
- Provides mentoring and supervision to other software developers.
- Provide accurate status and scheduling information.
- Improves upon standard work practices, with development of automated approaches to gaining efficiency in the development process.
You must have the following skills/experience:
Excellent technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation.
Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple product levels.
Excellent understanding of the entire development process including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Proficient at designing software sub-systems
At least 3+ years experience developing in Java and C/C++
Practical experience with XML and related standards
- Project Manager
Locations Toronto, ON
Travel Yes, up to 25 % of the Time
Provide overall management for implementation of small/medium projects, with low/medium complexity, within a Customer network.
- Act as a single point of contact for the customer and project team facilitating effective resource management, escalation, approvals process, scheduling, communication, and reporting.
- Manage the project. Partner with the customer to proactively manage scope changes through the duration of the project, including cost, quality, and schedule impacts.
- Proactively manage project financial and ensure that all changes (positive or negative) in the estimated cost at completion (EAC) are documented, via the JCO process, approved and communicated in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain the Project Schedule, providing timely updates regarding any schedule changes to both the customer and Nortel primes.
- Proactively monitor project costs to identify issues/variances and provide initial analysis & recommendations.
- Provide day-to-day support of various supply chain activities associated with the successful implementation of a project, e.g. tracking materials.
-Establish a Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM)
identifying primes for all key project deliverable.
-Manage project risk through risk identification, quantification and mitigation.
-Establish a Communications Plan that facilitates regular and managed exchange of information both within and with the customer.
-Generate periodic reports concerning project and issue status as specified in the agreed-upon Communications Plan.
-Organize and chair meetings and conference calls (both internal with the customer) to assign tasks, evaluate progress and address issues, as appropriate.
-Utilize & comply with documented Process & tools to ensure consistent and effective management of assigned projects.
-Ensure that project schedules remain consistent with revenue projections, and drive quarter-end project-related actions to achieve targets, e.g. H-date validation.
-Support working-level PPR meetings within the COL teams and prepare consolidated project profitability (PPR) charts, as required, for executive reviews.
Demonstrated Project Management ability in manage small to medium telecommunication projects (budgets, schedules, risk mitigation, customer inputs, quality)
Familiarity with the latest software technology
Experience with Installation procedures, processes, tools and personnel
Knowledge of Project financial tracking processes and tools
Familiarity with Supply Chain Management processes and tools
Ability to work occasional off shift hours and weekends as required
Proven ability to engage with customers (both internal and external) up to Director levels
College or University education preferable, PMP designation a benefit.
If you do not see a position which is consistent with your background or interests, so you may be considered for future opportunities.
ACG is equal opportunity employer.